Skip to main content

ENGLAND: Day 1-London



The second leg of my trip kicked off with a trip to jolly-old England! Click any of the pictures to enlarge.
All packed!

Sitting at the DC airport, waiting for take-off over the ocean!

Sunrise. That's actually Ireland.

NOW we're in England!

Hilarious sign.

Our first day, after checking into our hotel, we headed over to Freemason's Hall, the central headquarters of the Grand Lodge of England. Not much to do with literature, but I'm a Mason, so I couldn't resist!


Read the plaque!





  






The building is huge, and very old! The week before we were there, they did some filming here for the next James Bond movie.
 After the Grand Lodge, we headed to Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park, across from our hotel, to visit the famous Peter Pan statue!





These are the water gardens in Kensington Gardens

It was a long and exhausting first day, but we were ready for more!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 2015 Critique Blog Hop

The ever-generous  Michelle has set up a blog-hop for those of us poor souls who did not make it into #NewAgent. Sigh. Always the bridesmaid. And that one time literally, which was embarrassing. But anyway, here we go! My query and first 250 words. Critique away! Carve me a new one, hopefully a better one. QUERY: Dear ____________, I saw __________________, and I hoped you might consider THE MARVELOUS ADVENTURES OF GWENDOLYN GRAY, an Upper MG Fantasy. Twelve-year-old misfit Gwendolyn Gray has an overactive imagination. It causes her no end of trouble in The City, where creativity is simply not allowed. Trouble turns to catastrophe when her ideas won’t stay inside of her head and: forests spring up in the middle of the road, furry orange creatures run amok in her bedroom, and she certainly didn't mean to make that girl in class grow a pair of rabbit ears. When the popular kids chase her all the way to the edge of The City, Gwendolyn runs afoul of the Faceless Gentle

Doctor Who Is Life

Make sure you go check out my guest interview on how Doctor Who has influenced my writing! You can find it here.

New York Writer's Digest Conference Recap

Ah, New York City. Bustling metropolis and home to the Writer's Digest Conference 2015, the third stop on my world-travelling Lilly Grant tour.  I arrived on Friday morning and hopped an express bus from Newark Airport to Grand Central. On the way, I struck up a fascinating conversation with a woman from Israel, and made a new friend. She just happened to be reading this: The Lightning Thief, in Hebrew. Printed from right to left. I made a new friend, and she walked away with a few chapters of my book to read on her connecting flight. Then it was on to the Roosevelt Hotel for the conference! Oooooooooo, so excited. Day one keynote was Chuck Sambuchino  and his keynote on how to write an effective query letter, followed by some furious revisions on the pitch for Gwendolyn Gray. NEED MORE CHARACTER DEVLEOPMENT. What does she want? What stands in her way of getting it? I thought I had mastered desire+obstacle=story from Lou Berney  at the IU Writer's Confere